MID-RISE SITE SUPERVISOR
OCTOBER 6 2021
Accounts Payable Clerk
DeSantis Homes is a family-owned company over half a century old. Today the Company is one of the larger privately owned construction companies in the Niagara & Hamilton regions. DeSantis Homes accomplishments include detached, semi-detached and town homes along with low to mid-rise mixed-use projects to name a few.
Due to our ongoing rapid growth, DeSantis Homes is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team. The main objective of this role is to process multi-company accounts payable transactions efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as invoices, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. • Collaborate with the VP of Finance and/or Accounting Manager to maintain general A/P performance levels. • Data entry and other payable related duties
General Responsibilities Include:
• Match purchase orders confirming prices and quantity to vendors’ invoices
• Verify receipt of material or services/confirmation of receipt of material or services
• Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Allocate invoices/expenses to correct job budget categories
• Maintain invoice control spreadsheets
• Enter invoices in accounting system
• Issue employee reimbursement expenses
• Coordinate with vendors regarding invoicing and payment inquires and discrepancies
• Communicate with vendors in a timely and professional manner
• Processing utility bills for payment
• Reconciliation of vendor statements
• Processing cheque runs
• Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
•Ability to multi-task and complete work on time under pressure
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Proficient with MS Office applications
• Adaptable in using new computer systems (Sage 300 an asset)
• Strong communication (both written and oral) and relationship building skills
• Understanding the need for professionalism with trades, consultant’s and other client groups
• Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
• Proficiency with accounting software, spreadsheet programs and applications
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Valid Class G driver’s license
DeSantis Homes offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work for an award winning and growing industry leader with over 50 years of community building experience.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at: desantishomes.com.
To be eligible for the opportunity, interested candidates can apply directly via our website or send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to: email@example.com.