FINISHING SUPERVISOR POSITION SUMMARY:
The Finishing Supervisor is part of our mid-rise residential construction team and works in conjunction with the Site Superintendent to lead the project team. They are responsible for ensuring that the highest quality product is produced by scheduling all tradesmen appropriately, supervising and promptly addressing any issues that might occur during the construction process. He/she manages sub-contractors for all finishing trades and takes the site from second phase through the completion and handover. They also complete inspections with local Municipal officials, and Pre-Delivery Inspections with Purchasers. The Finishing Supervisor gives the highest level of attention to monitoring the safety regulations and having a clean safe work environment. They are responsible for planning crew activities in the short and long turn, resolving finishing construction issues and maintaining a high standard of safety and quality. In addition, they provide technical management and project leadership on construction projects at the field level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned as required)
• Ensure compliance with DeSantis Homes Health and Safety Policy at all times ands maintain a clean and safe job site at all times ensuring that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced and maintained.
• Understand the Company’s Health and Safety Plan and execute its requirements, policies and procedures; ensure all safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
• Ensure that all work is performed by contractors and suppliers to contract documents (including drawings, specifications and contract scopes of work), with due regard to quality control and contract document compliance; report any discrepancies or omissions directly to the Project Manager and Site Supervisor
• Work with the Site Supervisor and Project Manager to ensure appropriate action is taken in cases where contracts, plans, and specifications are inadequate or incomplete
• Attend and document scheduled Contractor and Consultant meetings as well as project meetings
• Maintain a daily log and track any pertinent discussions, site visitors, meetings, and problems encountered, to become a part of the project record
• Ensure that all inspections, Occupancy Permits, and possession dates have been achieved to the satisfaction of the Project Manager and local Building Inspectors confirming that the houses are being constructed within the Ontario Builders Code (OBC).
• Review and maintain the construction finishing schedule and ensure that all contractors and suppliers meet project milestones on time and on budget
• Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists • Provide leadership and maintain a working relationship with all Contractors, Suppliers, Vendors and site team and encourage a positive work environment
• Responsible for new home completion from drywall stage to closing
• Supervision of construction activity for each home/unit on a daily basis, ensuring all customizations ordered by the purchaser is complete.
• Coordinate and ensure house is ready for Pre Delivery Inspections.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a Site Superintendent working in new-build construction specifically mid-rise residential projects
• Construction Management certificate/diploma or Trade Qualification is considered an asset
• Demonstrated success in working on high-end finishing’s
• Demonstrated understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
• Ability to handle high-pressure situations and stay composed while working under pressure, leading by example and maintaining a high standard of professionalism
• Proficiency with construction drawings, Microsoft Office, Procore and strong writing & communication skills
• Demonstrated skills with planning, organization and the ability to multitask, as well as leadership and supervisory skills
• Customer service experience and the ability to problem solve in an effective manner
• Valid Driver’s License