SR. PROJECT MANAGER
DeSantis Homes is a family-owned company over half a century old. Today the Company is one of the larger privately owned construction companies in the Niagara & Hamilton regions. DeSantis Homes accomplishments include detached, semi-detached and town homes along with low to mid-rise mixed-use projects to name a few.
Due to our ongoing rapid growth, DeSantis Homes is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join our team. The main objective of this role is to deliver exceptional quality homes and strive to meet and exceed customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have low–mid level experience and demonstrate exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written. Reporting to Director of Construction, the Project Manager will act as the liaison between site and Director of Construction. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading all work activities on and-off site while maintaining established health and safety practices. They will set timelines and milestones to assure the timely execution and performance standards of all projects.
Other duties include, and are not limited to the following:
- Effectively manage a team of Project Leaders in the planning, designing and development of construction specifications, regulations and redevelopment programs in relation to all buildings and facilities
- Assisting in project takeoff, providing estimates on materials and costs
- Working with governmental approval agencies along with any affected homeowners and businesses to ensure successful design and construction
- Providing direction to consultants to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget
- Preparing all site works and resolving issues as required
- Resolving issues impacting project timelines
- Forecasting budgets
- Applying for permits and issue various construction documents
- Attending regular client and site meetings to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget
- Conducting performance audits, obtaining sign offs and releases
- Participating in preparing contracts for the project
- Project logs
- Preparing all necessary target reports as required
- Overseeing safe work practices and establishing new safety standards
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and complete work on time under pressure
- Capable of successfully managing several projects valued over 10 million dollars.
- Planning, developing and delivering complex, multi-phase projects in a municipal environment.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications, DropBox
- Adaptable in using new computer systems (ProCore/BuilderLynx)
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and relationship building skills
- Understanding the need for professionalism with trades, consultant’s and other client groups
- Proven decision-maker
- Registered Professional Engineer or Licensed Professional Architect (preferred)
- 5 years of people management and project management experience.
- All designations such as PMP, Gold Seal and LEED are assets in obtaining and performing this job.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act as it applies to construction projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate
- Thorough understanding of construction drawings and an acute eye for detail
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of all project management control systems (scheduling, estimating, cost control, tendering and procurement)
- Experience working on owner side real estate development environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid Class G driver’s license with the ability to travel as required to various job sites
DeSantis Homes offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work for an award winning and growing industry leader with over 60 years of community building experience.
To be eligible for the opportunity, interested candidates can apply directly via our website or send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.