JR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
DeSantis Homes is a family-owned company over half a century old. Today the Company is one of the larger privately owned construction companies in the Niagara & Hamilton regions. DeSantis Homes accomplishments include detached, semi-detached and town homes along with low to mid-rise mixed-use projects to name a few.
Due to our ongoing rapid growth, DeSantis Homes is currently seeking a Jr Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team. The main objective of this role is to process multi-company accounts payable transactions efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written.
Accurate coding and processing of accounts payable invoices • Ensure invoices received are processed in a timely manner • Communicate with team members, general phone and email inquiries from vendors and company divisions using a professional and courteous manner
General Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring invoices email daily
- Matching invoices with packing slips and purchase orders
- Manage documentation flow for invoice approval
- Allocate invoices/expenses to correct job budget categories
- Assist with maintaining invoice control spreadsheets
- Issue employee reimbursement expenses
- Assist with communicating with vendors regarding invoicing, payment inquires and discrepancies
- Communicate with vendors in a timely and professional manner
- Processing cheque runs
- Assist with reviewing holdbacks from vendors by maintaining control
- Prepare miscellaneous reports as needed
- Depositing cheques and making bill payments at local bank branch
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and complete work on time under pressure
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Adaptable in using new computer systems (Sage 300 an asset)
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and relationship building skills
- Understanding the need for professionalism with trades, consultant’s and other client groups
- Min 1 year Accounting Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Timberline/Sage is an asset
- Experience in the residential & mid-rise construction industry preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid Class G driver’s license
DeSantis Homes offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work for an award winning and growing industry leader with over 50 years of community building experience.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at: desantishomes.com.
To be eligible for the opportunity, interested candidates can apply directly via our website or send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to: email@example.com.