MAY 6, 2021
DeSantis Homes is a family-owned company over half a century old. Today the Company is one of the larger privately owned construction companies in the Niagara & Hamilton regions. DeSantis Homes accomplishments include detached, semi-detached and town homes along with low to mid-rise mixed-use projects to name a few.
Due to our ongoing rapid growth, DeSantis Homes is currently seeking skilled General Labourers with experience in Residential and Commercial construction to join our team.
Working in a fast-paced environment on various building sites, you will provide support and assist skilled people such as concrete formers / finishers, carpenters, bricklayers, demolition experts, drywallers, and other trades. The position of skilled construction labourer consists of routinely performing higher level tasks involving physical labour. Operating hand and power tools of all types, cleaning and preparing sites, digging trenches, carrying wheelbarrow loads of earth, soil and aggregates, erecting scaffolding, cleaning up rubble and debris, carrying and or installing various building materials. You have a good attitude, work well with others and are up for the challenge of advancing yourself through a hard work ethic and an attention to detail. You see yourself as the type of person who can get the job done. Pay will be based on work experience.
• 3 years experience within the general construction industry
• Proven problem solving techniques to make decisions when planning and organizing tasks
• Work well with others in a team environment
• Completion of secondary school is required
• Must be fluent in English both oral and written
• Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Abstract preferred
• WAH, First Aid, WHMIS an asset
• Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
• Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Familiar with basic tools and their use
DeSantis Homes offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work for an award winning and growing industry leader with over 50 years of community building experience.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at: desantishomes.com.
To be eligible for the opportunity, interested candidates can apply directly via our website or send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org