DeSantis Homes is a family-owned company over half a century old. Today the Company is one of the larger privately owned construction companies in the Niagara & Hamilton regions. DeSantis Homes accomplishments include detached, semi-detached and town homes along with low to mid-rise mixed-use projects to name a few.
Due to our ongoing rapid growth, DeSantis Homes is currently seeking a Mid-Rise Site Supervisor to join our team. The main objective of this role is to deliver exceptional quality homes and strive to meet and exceed customer expectations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written. Reporting to the Director of Construction, they will primarily be responsible for controlling all of the daily operations on the job site, have the ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while overseeing the timely construction of the building from the initial dig to completion. The Site Supervisor plays an integral role in ensuring zero defect suites through effective management of trades, inspector’s, supplier’s and site staff. He/she will be able to lead and coordinate laborers and trades in an organized and professional manner, maintain the construction schedule, schedule installations and delivery of supplies as well as maintain cost and quality control. Capable of working well under pressure (particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays), they will have the ability to take a large-scale project from the initial dig to drywall stage.
- Coordinate and supervise all field personnel and sub-contractors to achieve all construction activities thru completion of a project on schedule, within budget and in accordance with the Ontario Building Code
- Maintain construction schedules; identify and solve problem’s as necessary. Setting appropriate inspections as required throughout the process.
- Ensure best practices are followed and techniques are used to produce the highest quality home.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are promoted and adhered to on the job site and any job hazards are rectified immediately.
- Ensure complete adherence to DeSantis Homes Construction Processes, in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- Assists in monitoring & supervising on-site construction staff and daily trade functions promoting and maximizing timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work. Facilitates regular meetings and/or tool-box talks with staff and trades to communicate production and safety requirements.
- Conducts site walkthroughs to ensure deficiencies are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and the purchasers Design Options and Extras are complied with.
- Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and DeSantis Homes Quality Standards and communicates corrective action required to the Director of Construction
- Is proactive and actively assists in problem solving when job site or construction issues occur (falling behind schedule, quality of work, etc.) while complying with policy, plans and specification.
- Assists with managing the Production Schedule and maintains production targets and dates.
- Schedules, facilitates and/or attends necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors and Director of Construction with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required.
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws.
- Work with the Safety Representative to maintain a safe work environment. Investigate and report all accidents to Head Office.
- Ensure employees have required training and competent to perform tasks in a safe manner prior to commencement of work.
- Manages the maintenance of job site ensuring it is clean and aesthetically appealing while under construction.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and complete work on time under pressure
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications, DropBox
- Adaptable in using new computer systems (ProCore/BuilderLynx)
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and relationship building skills
- Understanding the need for professionalism with trades, consultant’s and other client groups
- Proven decision-maker
- Minimum 3 years of residential and mid-rise home construction A MUST • Must have valid WHMIS, Working At Heights and First-Aid/CPR training
- Thorough knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction and/or repair of houses and buildings
- Extensive understanding of the OBC and Tarion Warranty Program
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid Class G driver’s license with the ability to travel as required to various job sites
DeSantis Homes offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work for an award winning and growing industry leader with over 50 years of community building experience.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at: desantishomes.com.
To be eligible for the opportunity, interested candidates can apply directly via our website or send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.